AERIAL VIEW OF OUR CAMPUS:
Pettai ITI, as it is commonly known is situated in 13.5 Acres of land surrounded by small industries. With a good environment suitable for training was started in the year 1959. The foundation stone was laid by Sri. T. K. Palaniappan, M.A., I.A.S., the then Director of Industries in 1958 and the new building was opened on 30th January 1961 by Sri. Bishnuram Medhi the then Governor of Madras. It has the prestige of graduating thousands of ITI graduates who were and are employed in prestigious organisations worldwide.
ITI Pettai is the Mother of several ITI’s in the Tirunelveli region. Industrial Training Institutes such as Virudhunagar ITI, Tuticorin ITI and Tiruchendur ITI were initially started in Pettai and later shifted to the respective places.
The institution has received admiration and praises from several visitors. Honourable Former President of India Thiru. R. Venkatraman had visited this institute and engraved his admiration about the services of this Institution in the Visitor’s Book.
Rendering 50 years of service to the society in the form training technicians, the Institute stands tall reflecting the glorious past it has tread through.
ELEGANT APPEARANCE-FROM THE MAIN ROAD:
ARRAY OF BUILDINGS -PLAY GROUND VIEW:
ASSEMBLY IN PROGRESS:
Institute assembly is conducted every day before the commencement of training thereby instilling discipline and punctuality among the trainees. The assembly starts with the Tamil prayer song. Briefing day to day events and institutional activities pertaining to the day are also done in the assembly.
The Hostel situated within the campus overlooking a huge play ground has the ambience of both home and Industry. Attached with a dining hall was built in the year 1963 and was inaugurated in the year 1964. Well furnished can accommodate 80 boys. Hostel Superintend cum Physical Education Trainer who is in charge of the hostel maintains discipline and care for the inmates of the Hostel. No electricity and water charges are collected from the trainees, thereby facilitating quality training for the far away poor trainees affordable.
In the view of upgrading the Industrial Training Institute Centre of Excellence was started on 14th August 2006 by Mr. S. Subbiah, M.E., the then Joint Director of Training, Craftsman Training Scheme, Commissionerate of Employment and Training, Chennai in the presence of chairman and members of the IMC.
The main workshop constructed in North light setting accommodates the trades of Fitter, Turner, Machinist, Welder and Wireman. The store is also present within the workshop. Surrounded by trees and a play ground nearby creates a good environment for training.
Some of the Industries located in and around 60 Km Circle like The India Cements Ltd, Sun Paper Mills, Spic, Dharangathara Chemicals, Ramco Cements, Thoothukudi Thermal power Station and proposed Hitech Parks at Gangaikondan and Nanguneri are the other hopes for the trainees.
A library with more than 1750 Technical books is on the approach to widen the knowledge of the Trainees .
This institution has a full time Paramedic to cope with emergencies and medical Care.
A fully computerised administrative office is on the way of rendering its shoulder from admission to certification of the Trainees.